This interactive training workshop is designed for teachers, administrators, school staff, paraprofessionals, counselors, therapists and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors in classroom and school settings. Successful participants will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator.
Workshop participants will:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students’ misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723. 13 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Price includes materials:
-Positive Discipline in the Classroom book
-Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Facilitator's Manual
-Positive Discipline Teacher Tool Cards
In Person Workshop
Day/Dates: Fridays (2) October 27 and November 3, 2023
Location: Indigo Program, 530 Gettysburg Drive, San Jose, CA 95123
Cost: $450 per person
Group Discount of -$50 per person for 4 or more registering together