This interactive training workshop is designed for teachers, administrators, school staff, paraprofessionals, counselors, therapists and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors in classroom and school settings. Successful participants will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator.
Workshop participants will:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students’ misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723. 13 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Price includes online materials:
Positive Discipline in the Classroom book
Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Facilitator's Manual
Positive Discipline Teacher Tool Cards
1 Year membership to the Positive Discipline Association
Private workshops can be set up online or in person. Check back for the next public workshop. Contact Cathy for more details.