Public and private certification workshops are available throughout the year. If you are interested in hosting a public workshop in trade for discounted registration for your staff, contact Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and scheduling.
Get Certified to Teach Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way (developed by Lynn Lott and Jane Nelsen) provides a step-by-step approach to starting and leading experiential based parenting groups. This Adlerian-based program stands alone or offers a significant enhancement to any program. It emphasizes experiential activities that reach the heart to inspire deeper understanding and change.
- Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive).
- Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding and be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes, and individual work with families.
Become a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator
This 14-hour interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff, and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator.
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students’ misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology to use in the classroom and school community.
- Generate an awareness of cross-cultural issues in facilitating social and emotional learning.
This Workshop provides professional development for Educators to use Positive Discipline, an Adlerian based philosophy, in their school or classroom setting.
Day/Date: Fridays (2) October 27 & November 3, 2023
Location: Indigo Program, 530 Gettysburg Drive, San Jose, CA 95123
Cost: $450 per person. Group Discount for 4 or more registering together ($50 off per person)
Become a Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educator
This 14-hour interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how to best teach those skills in a classroom or care setting.
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness.
- Understand children behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.