This 14-hour interactive certification workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. Parents will also find this workshop helpful, however the focus is on early childhood education. Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting.
Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
Price includes materials:
Positive Discipline for Preschoolers book
Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators Facilitator’s Manual
Certification as a Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educator
Saturday and Sunday
May 6-7, 2023
8:30 – 4:30pm Pacific Time
Almaden Country Day School
6835 Trinidad Drive
San Jose, CA 95120
Early Registration Discount available until 4/6/23: $399 per person
Regular Registration: $450 per person
Group discount: 4 or more registering together take $50 off the fee.