This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting.
Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support develpment and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
Fee includes a complete curriculum: Positive Discipline for Preschoolers OR Positive Discipline The First Three Years book, Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators Manual and related handouts
2 Day Workshop
Date: March 2-3, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Mulberry School, 220 Belgatos Road, Los Gatos, CA
Cost: $375 Early Registration (before 2/1/19); $425 Regular Registration
Group Discount for 4 or more registering together ($50 off each person)
Facilitator: Cathy Kawakami, CPDLT