This interactive training workshop is designed for teachers, administrators, school staff, paraprofessionals, counselors, therapists and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors in classroom and school settings. Fee includes Positive Discipline in the Classroom book, Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Facilitators Manual and related handouts.
Workshop participants will:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
Fees include Positive Discipline in the Classroom book, Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Teacher's Guide, Leader's Guide and related handouts.
The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723.
13 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Contact Cathy if your school or organization is interested in hosting a public or private Positive Discipline in the Classroom Training