This three-day workshop developed by Jane Nelsen and Dina Emser, is designed to provide a step-by-step approach to help business professionals understand how to create a culture of mutual respect in the workplace. This program stands alone or offers significant enhancement to other leadership programs; it emphasizes experiential activities based on Positive Discipline principles and tools to inspire deeper understanding and change. Participants say that the Team Problem Solving Steps and the Team Meeting process provide fun and effective ways for them to get specific help with real opportunities and challenges at work.
Attendees will earn recognition as Certified Empowering People in the Workplace Facilitators and will learn:
Ways to use empowering methods of communication to promote a respectful, highly productive workplace environment.
How Positive Discipline principles present a timely, holistic model for businesses.
Core Positive Discipline activities for a workplace audience.
Deeper understanding of Top Card with a focus on strengths and learn how to use other Empowering People tools in workplace situations.
How childhood memories impact some of your beliefs.
How to be encouraging to yourself and others.
How the Team Meeting process and Team Problem Solving Steps (that are so effective in families, classrooms, and marriages) are also fun and effective in businesses.
Attend this workshop if:
- You want to grow your own leadership skills.
- You work in Human Resources.
- You work in Leadership Development.
- You are a school administrator or part of a school leadership team.
- You are an entrepreneur and lead a team.
- You lead a team of volunteers.
- You were an Individual Contributor and are now a Team Lead.
- You are part of a family-owned business.
- You believe in a workplace culture based on mutual respect.
- You are familiar with the Positive Discipline principles in other areas of your life and want to learn more about their application in business.
Empowering People in the Workplace Tool Cards
Quick Reference Laminated Guides for Team Meetings, Team Problem Solving Steps
Empowering People in the Workplace Book (coming)
This workshop will be facilitated by Dina Emser, Positive Discipline Lead Trainer, Certified Professional Coach and co-author of the Empowering People in the Workplace curriculum.
Dates: January 17-19, 2020
Location: Mulberry School, 220 Belgatos Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032
Cost: Earlybird Price: $575 (ends 12/15/19) - Regular Price: $625 - Space is Limited