A Positive Discipline workshop for the parents of young children ages 2-6
The preschool years can be especially challenging for both parents and children. Young children change and develop physically, emotionally, and socially so much during the ages of 2-6 that it’s a challenge for parents to keep up. This experiential workshop will focus on the specific challenges and developmental needs of preschool age children. Participants will be introduced to the basics of Positive Discipline philosophy, learn how to get to to core of their child's misbehavior, and practice kind and firm tools that will help them with everyday parenting problems. We will have the opportunity to address specific parenting issues through the Parents Helping Parents Problem Solving Steps process. This class is ideal for parents and others who care for young children and want to “lengthen their tool belt” with Positive Discipline techniques.
This 3 hour workshop is ideal for parents who are looking for kind and firm parenting tools that respectfully teach children necessary life skills.
Saturday, February 9, 2019 from 9am - Noon
Bright Days Preschool, 1675 Wichester Blvd. Campbell, CA 95008
NEW! Become a Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educator
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting.
Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support develpment and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
Fee includes a complete curriculum: Positive Discipline for Preschoolers OR Positive Discipline The First Three Years book, Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators Manual and related handouts.
One Day Class
This one day (3 hour) kick start workshop is a great option if you are new to Positive Discipline or if you have been at it for awhile and need a refresher. We will focus on the main Adlerian concepts and practice through experiential activities that will help you to respond in a more encouraging manner "in the moment". Learn why children do what they do by taking a deeper look at the beliefs behind their behaviors and what happens in your mind when you feel upset. You will leave with a greater understanding about child development, the importance of teaching and encouraging tools for your parenting or teaching tool belt. Great for parents, teachers and caregivers.
Saturday, March 16, 9am-Noon
Almaden Parents Preschool (APPS), 5805 Cahalan Ave, San Jose, CA 95123
Become a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator
This interactive training workshop is designed for parent educators, teachers, therapists, childcare professionals and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors in home and school settings
Workshop participants will:
Learn research based, effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive and non-permissive).
Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert
Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children
Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families.
Fees include Positive Discipline book, Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Facilitator Manual and related handouts.
The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723.
13 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Parenting Teens with Positive Discipline Audio Summit
by Joyful Courage with host Casey O'Roarty
Hey Parents! Are you currently raising a teenager? Then check this out – I am thrilled to be a part of the Parenting Teens with Positive Discipline Audio Summit. 5 days, 15 interviews, and a lifetime of wisdom. If you are interested in listening to real, honest conversations about the messiness of parenting during this wild time, this is for you.
For more information and to register go to: Joyful Courage
Become a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator
This interactive training workshop is designed for teachers, administrators, school staff, paraprofessionals, counselors, therapists and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors in classroom and school settings. Fee includes Positive Discipline in the Classroom book, Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Facilitators Manual and related handouts.
Workshop participants will:
- Learn practical tools for engaging and challenging your students.
- Discover discipline skills that are kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive)
- Bring more value, challenge and connection into your classroom and school.
- Run effective class meetings that teach students how to collaborate and problem solve.
- Learn how to use the materials and activities in your classroom, with co-workers and in individual work with families
Host organizations wanted - discounted training for your staff!
Would you like to receive a discount on certification training for youself or your organization? Contact us if you are interested in hosting a public or private 2 day certification workshop at your location.
Available 2 day certification workshops:
- Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
- Positive Discipline in the Classroom
- Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators
- Provide a large training space for approximately 30 people with space for breakout activities
- Tables and chairs
- Parking and restrooms available for participants
- Building access for 2 consecutive days from 8am - 6pm
- Provide coffee, tea and light refreshments for both days of workshop
Host organizations receive 2 free* registrations for public workshops (*some restrictions apply). If you have a group of 16-30 people and would like to host a private workshop, discounted rates are available, travel fees may apply.